2009-03-22

Comment Gems from the article

Ignotant dumbass (MTSUPsych) wrote:

These people want to be heard but they have nothing to say! Wow, does this make sense? I find it amusing that these "non-believers" have no religion or a need to proclaim their beliefs in the community, yet they are building a church of their own. How ironic. Some will say its not a church, and yes call it by a different name, but when it all comes down to it these people are gathering to discuss religion and God.

I have no problem with the fact that some people dont believe in God, Because I know they will someday!
3/21/2009 5:39:31 AM


neverneverland wrote:
I try not to besmurch the holy faithful too much but come on, the religious stories of miracles and resurrections and such are for children. Either you grow out of such nonseical beliefs or you remain stuck in a spiritual world that is all too often void of any spirituality and instead drown in religious fervor. Having given up my Christian faith many years back I now understand what Jesus really represents and I am a much better person spiritually than I could have ever been holding to a religious doctrine that is so fuzzy in its dictate {the bible, the Koran, the Torah} that it is beyond understanding. I have learned it is much better, and easier, to follow what Jesus represents {WWJD} that it is to have 'faith' in unseeable deity that is more like an angry father than he is a loving God. And I can look at other spiritual concepts without guilt and learn so much more about the spiritual soul. Christians, Jews, Muslims talk a good game but when it comes to walking the walk, well Jesus would be heart broken to see how religious folk live in this day and age. Faith without deeds is about as good as a car without gas. You may look good on the outside but inside you are empty, without true spiritual understanding, being led by the nose by religious dogma that is myth. If one could only understand what Luke Skywalker really meant by using the 'Force' there would be a true spiritual 'ncommunity' where everyone is accepted as human being and not as an 'unbeliever'. But alas, the dark side works in mysterious ways and probably the darkest is to be found in religious dogma. I challenge anyone to compare their spiritual deeds to mine. I may lack the faith but my actions are much more closer to what WWJD is than 90% of the so called faithful. God is a force of nature beyond good and evil. But more important is that I have learned God is a 'force' of nature, period. The rest is pure myth.


3/21/2009 6:09:32 AM


Tennessee wrote:
"No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this State," reads Article IX of the state constitution.

This law is dead and should be buried. It violates the U.S. Constitution and is unenforceable.

"government should not prefer one religion to another, or religion to irreligion". US Supreme Court, Board of Education of Kiryas Joel Village School District v. Grumet, 512 U.S. 687 (1994),


3/21/2009 6:47:43 AM


voiceofsanity wrote:
Some of these comments just prove the point of the article.
3/21/2009 7:13:38 AM


Ignorant dumbass (bobbyrjw) wrote:
Replying to Tennessee:

"No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this State," reads Article IX of the state constitution.

This law is dead and should be buried. It violates the U.S. Constitution and is unenforceable.

"government should not prefer one religion to another, or religion to irreligion". US Supreme Court, Board of Education of Kiryas Joel Village School District v. Grumet, 512 U.S. 687 (1994),



You confuse a Supreme Court ruling with the US Constitution.



Hey bobby! Read this buddy:

Last, the Judicial branch interprets the law



godlessasyou wrote:
As I read these post, I wonder why Christians hate Atheist so much.
3/21/2009 11:25:41 PM


ThreeCrowns wrote:
Replying to michaelo:

"Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle". George Washington. I realize that it might be a stretch to conclude that George Washington existed. After all, I haven't personally seen him.


No one is claiming that George Washington is alive, is active in our daily lives or holds the key to afterlife.

Stay relevent. . .
3/21/2009 11:46:31 PM


georgia.dawgs@hotmail.com wrote:
I can't believe that my parents actually brainwashed me into believing in god.

I find athiests to be more morally concerned about society than the godlovers. Where a godlover will pray for help (and do nothing else) an athiest will get up and do something for themself.
3/21/2009 11:59:13 PM


australiax wrote:
Replying to Harlowfan:

I can't imagine how cold and lonely life must be without God.


I hate to break it to you but I am an Athiest and my life is full and happy. Instead of wasting my energy trying to please a god and get into heaven I am free to enjoy the life I have and do the most with it.
3/22/2009 10:57:32 AM


I of course haven't had time to read through all of it, but to those who read this blog and logged on to comment THANK YOU. I guess I will try for a second time for an account (never got that confirmation email)

No comments: