2008-09-09

A creative way to address unsolicited spam


I get email, (click to embiggen) sometimes I have no idea how I get on these lists. I got an email from Cheryl&Co. who make cookies and all sorts of fattifying goodies. Anyway I thought I would ask how I got to be placed on the list I thought I would do so a bit creatively in the time I have this afternoon: (the browser version is added at the front because they didn't have enough room in their field to tell them what browser version I was using)

Browser Version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1

Hello I just received an email from you about the Halloween gift collection. Although I don't mind receiving these emails, admittedly it is a welcome break seeing delicious foodstuffs at my desk at work through my computer screen. However, I am curious as to how I became a part of the mailing list. I have never placed an order through Cheryl&Co. and also never signed up voluntarily through the website. I am eager to learn just how I was signed up. I am guessing a "friend" signed me up. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

No comments: